Magick and spirituality.

I don't think of magick in terms of spirituality. In my humble opinion magick is just an older, more encompassing version of science that is able to explore realms of consciousness that exist beyond the confined understanding of material science. It's ultimately about understanding the laws of nature...but having arrived at a certain level of understanding, I have yet to see a reason to attempt to manipulate outcomes through the use of ritual practice. Magick practices itself and I feel no need to intervene. I'm happy enough to exist as a part of it. For spiritual well-being I meditate and hold discourse with my higher-self. For intellectual satisfaction I study magic and various sciences observationally. When I was younger I messed with things I didn't understand but I don't regret this because it's driven me to seek answers to questions that others sometimes overlook which gives me a unique perspective that I'm continuously thankful for...and now I spend a good deal of my time attempting to understand other people's unique perspectives throughout history because I believe this to be the purpose for our existence as conscious beings. We are standing on the shoulders of an ever evolving consciousness all adding a little something to it. That's my theory anyhow. Looked at in this way...none of us are ever truly on our own.

Comments

Popular Posts